Saturday, January 26, 2013

Schezwan Sauce- My style


 Momo need to have schezwan sauce   I searched for the recipe many had soya sauce , vinegar I dont use both and then finally I made up this my own schezwan sauce recipe taking few ideas from the recipes I went thru... I added jaggery for I always replace sugar with the healthier option of jaggery... I cant imagine a sauce or chutney without my favourite spice cumin seeds

Ingredients

Red chillies (I used local hot ones) 25 no
Garlic 20-30 flakes chopped finely
Ginger 1 tablespoon finely grated
onion - 1 small
tomato - 1 small (pureed)
jaggery- 1/4 tsp (I dont like sweetish taste you can add more)
maida- 1/2 tsp (optional)
salt
oil - 2tsp
Cumin seeds1/4 tsp

First soak red chillies in hot water for 15 minutes and grind them to fine paste using little water
heat oil add cumin seed if using
add garlic n ginger saute a min
add onion saute till transparent
add red chilly paste and saute for 2 minutes
add tomato pure salt and jaggery saute for 2 minutes
finally mix maida in water into paste and then add to the boiling sauce
stir well switch off stove

Have with momos or for whatever recipe you want to

No comments:

Post a Comment