Saturday, January 26, 2013

Carrot Beetroot Momos

   A casual chat with friends can inspire us to make new recipes is known fact but to inspire me a lazy gal is indeed a wonder you have to chat with my best friend who knows the trick how to motivate me and am infinitely thankful to her to inspire almost most the articles in this blog no amount of words aint sufficient ... My dear if you are reading this I cant help saying what i want to say... So this chat of her planning to make mom yesterday made me to declare I too will prepare but to my bad luck my back give me a tug reminding nothing doing for the day so had to settle for my humble dinner of roti sabji ... But momos were tantalising me in dreams to that i got up early first thing i did was to grate the veggies so that i wont have the lazy excuse of doing tommorrow... I wanted to make this healthy so I used wheat flour dough for covering...
Here To you my buddy Mira

Covering: Wheat flour , water salt mix all knead to chapathi dough consistency keep it covered for minimum 10 minutes

Filling :
Carrot - 1 small peeled and grated
Beetroot - 1 small peeled and grated
Beans - 5 finely chopped
Green chilly - 1 (I used the super hot lavangi mirchya so one was sufficient)
ginger - 1tsp grated
salt
oil - 1 tsp

coriander leaves to garnish

Method:
  Note you have to keep everything ready as we need to cook on high flame even a seconds distraction can burn the filling

Heat oil in a pan
Add ginger green chillies saute few seconds
add onion saute few till it chnages colour
add beans saute few seconds
add grated beetroot carrots saute till it becomes mildly limp
Add salt stir and switch off flame garnish with coriander leaves
allow it to cool

When cool roll out small pooris and fill it with about a tbsp of filling mixture and shape like modak or ball as per your choice
 and steam it for 10 minutes

have it with spicy hot Schezwan sauce





















No comments:

Post a Comment