Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Banana Jam....

This is recipe I accidently made one fine day...I usually keep banana in a basket with a cloth covering it to prevent fruitflies ... But it so happened that the banana have gone black if hubby were to spot it I would have had earful...I had heard abt overripe banana being made as jam and I knew the recipe too so I decided to make this one and God I was so happy that now I keep banana to become over ripe to make this jam....Only disadvantage is you cant keep this beyond 3-4  days ....So make in small batches....

Unfortunately I couldnt take pictures.... 

Banana Jam:
Over ripe banana -2
Ghee 2tbsp
Jaggery/sugar - 4tsp (as per taste)
Nutmeg pwd a pinch..
Saffron 1strand (soaked in a tsp of milk)...

Method:
Mash banana to paste with the help of fork...in a thick bottomed pan heat ghee ad banana and saute for 3 min..add jaggery (healthy option if you dont like can add sugar..I like jaggery) and stir till the lump doesnt stick to pan then add nutmeg powder and saffron stand stir for 1 min...cool n store.... This can be used any other jam with bread or chapathi...

No comments:

Post a Comment